How can your charity get involved?
Charity began on the golf course at the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic in 2010. In 2018, the tradition continues with the Rapiscan Systems Classic. You have the opportunity to make a local charity or school a big winner by participating in the Birdies for Charity program. Participating charities receive every single penny of generated donations! Additionally, each donor has a chance to win great prizes (and one GRAND prize) when pitching in to help the soliciting charity!
Birdies for Charity is a fund-raising program designed to give participating charities the opportunity to generate contributions for their organization based on the number of “birdies” made by PGA TOUR Champions players during the 2018 Rapiscan Systems Classic.
Must have a 501(c)3 status as recognized by the IRS, which includes all schools.
Participating charities solicit pledges of $.03 or more per birdie or a flat donation of $10 or more from individuals or corporations. This fund-raising program has absolutely NO RISK for charitable organizations.
Benefits and Facts:
- Increases charitable contributions to Mississippi charities
- Unlimited number of charities will be able to raise additional funds using the Rapiscan Systems Classic as their tool
- There are NO out-of-pocket expenses or fees
- All administrative costs will be handled by the Rapiscan Systems Classic
- Each participating charity will receive 100% of their collected donations. One $.03 pledge per birdie would net $22.50 for charity (example based on 750 birdies made).
- All donor information shall be protected and will remain confidential and the property of the charity. The Rapiscan Systems Classic shall not solicit or use this information for any commercial purpose.
Bonus Bucks/Matching Funds!
Local charities participate in our Matching Funds program and compete for Bonus Bucks. Please see the information guide link above for more information.
Guess the Birdies Contest!
Any individual that donates will have the opportunity to guess the exact amount of birdies that will be made during the tournament and have the chance to win a GRAND PRIZE.